Weigh in - 17th March

Monday, 17 March 2014

After my weekend of celebrating and drinking I'm not surprised the scales didn't drop again this morning...but at least they aren't going up!

Last week was good up until I started the birthday celebrations. I did my little gym routine on Monday and Tuesday, and then dancing again on Wednesday. I'd planned on a third gym session on Thursday but that never came about.

Dancing on Wednesday was great fun, as always. I much prefer being in the studio to being in the gym but unfortunately that isn't an option. As I said the other day, I found out I was going to be in a dance show at the end of June which has motivated me more to work a bit harder and stretch more.

I've been good today and declined an offer to go out for food tonight and went to the gym instead. And before bed I will be doing some stretches with my theraband. I'm determined this week is going to be a very good week. Gym again tomorrow night, dancing on Wednesday, gym Thursday and then on Friday I will resist ordering takeaway with my boyfriend and will make us something nice and healthy instead. I might even be very dedicated and go to the gym on Sunday after college...let's see how I get on.

On my run today I managed to get up to 6 mins non-stop, another little step forward towards my 10 min target. I still don't particularly enjoy running but it was nice to know that is probably the longest I've run in one period for a very long time. If only I could control my breathing better and then maybe I'd find the run a bit easier.

I don't quite know why but I really struggle with breathing when I'm running. I do my best to try and control how I breath and when but that seems to make it worse...the more I think about it the worse it gets. I also struggle with breathing when I'm stretching...to the point my boyfriend and dance teacher have both had to shout at me and remind me to breath because I just seem to forget. Strange, I know, but it happens. So if anyone has any tips on breathing whilst exercising please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Anyway, theraband time!

100 Happy Days - Day 21 - My doggy

My little doggy is almost 17 years old and may be really struggling at times, but she can still have her half hours of madness and make me smile. After a mad little dash around the house tonight she cuddled up next to my seat wanting an ear scratch and a belly rub...such a therapeutic thing for both me and her. Love you Gemma.



No comments

Post a Comment