100 Happy Days...Day 27

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Day 27 - Remembering good times

I'm normally pretty good at remembering certain events or moments...no matter how random or little they are. However, it's nice to see/hear something that brings back a moment you'd forgotten. I've had a couple of those reminders today...

My Mum, Dad and I were watching some YouTube videos on the tele earlier and my Dad started selecting some random old songs from when we were all younger. He picked an video of Steps singing Tragedy live back in the late 90s and I had to smile at all the images in my mind of me and my friends learning the dance and performing it at every party, or in the playground, or anywhere we could do. Things have changed a lot since those days...

I have a new app on my phone called 100 pics....it's basically a game where you have to guess what's hidden behind the pictures....I was playing on the animal levels and Raccoon was the answer, and again I had to smile. My boyfriend nicknamed me raccoon once after failing to wipe my eye makeup off properly and it smudging all round my eyes. Not an attractive look, but the name stuck for a while. It's just one of those things that got lost as the days passed.

Finally, I spent the majority of my day at college covering fun and exciting topics such as ratios and working capital, but all I kept thinking was how we covered this in first year of uni. We were sat in the back row of the big lecture theatre, me and my friends, trying to figure this all out and wondering why we'd ever need to know all these random formulas and how far away graduation seemed. Looking back now it doesn't seem five minutes ago since we were sat as freshers in that university lecture room...and here we are now all graduated and working. How times have changed.


No comments

Post a Comment