Thanks to MollyFrancesca for my Liebster Award, go check out her amazing blog! Sorry it's taken me forever to do this!
If you've never seen a Leibster award before, the rules are pretty simple:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you
- Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers
- Set them 11 questions to answer
- Let the nominees know
1. Do you watch YouTube, if so, who's your favourite YouTuber?
I don't watch a lot of YouTube, but when I do it tends to be just for fitness advice, dance routines or cute videos of dogs. I subscribe to Fit4Dancers as they provide some really good dance tips and advice, and BeFit for their great workout videos.
2. Favourite band/singer at the moment and why?
At the moment I'd say Shane Filan is my favourite singer. He was the lead singer in Westlife, my favourite child hood band, and I love his new album. It's full of such light hearted songs that you can sing a long to, relax and just make you smile. I saw him in concert at the end of February and despite it being one of the smallest concerts I've ever been to, it was definitely one of the best.
3. Top 5 favourite celebrities and why?
- Ian Somerhalder - my favourite actor and vampire from the Vampire Diaries series. He's such a good actor, playing a character that is completely different to who he is off-set, working towards saving the planet and animals....and he's good looking too.
- Mark Webber - ex-F1 racing driver who is such a great racer, and he is genuinely a nice down to earth guy. He's a big miss in this year's series but I'm supporting him in his new venture.
- Emma Watson - I grew up with Harry Potter as a major part of my life, and always related myself to Hermione as I was very much a book-worm. I loved the films, I loved Emma as Hermione, and I loved how she didn't end up like many other childhood stars who made millions very young in her life. She's a good actress outside of Harry Potter too, her role in The Perks of Being a Wallflower was really good.
- Richard Hammond - I'm a big Top Gear fan and Hammond has always been my favourite. He has such a great job, and makes the programs very enjoyable. His book 'On the Edge' is amazingly written by him and his wife, and will have anyone in tears. Such a true representation of what actually happens in such a life-jerking moment.
- JK Rowling - A great author who touched the hearts of many through her writing. I love her stories and how much she's tried to give back to the community from her status.
I got given a really nice set a few years ago, but as they got old and worn I'd just replaced them with No7 brushes. I can't for the life of me remember which brand they were, but the No7 brushes are just as good, if not better for some things.
The No7 brushes are very soft and made very well. I bought a Boots own brand foundation brush that didn't even last a week without the head snapping off, my No7 one has lasted a lot longer. They're reasonably priced and easy to get in Boots stores.
5. What made you want to start a blog?
I felt like I was loosing motivation on my health and fitness journey and wanted somewhere I could jot down my progress, the stuff that I've overcome and have somewhere to be accountable if I'd had a bad week. A blog seemed like a good place to do that as it was something that everyone could see, rather than a diary hidden in my drawer I was likely to forget about.
I also wanted somewhere that people could get inspiration from to change their lifestyles too, and a blog seemed to have that ability.
6. Best memory?
My 6th birthday. I remember being told that I one of my presents hadn't arrived yet and we had to go into the car to get to. We drove 2 hours to Bradford and arrived at this house, me with no idea where we were or why we were there. We rang the door bell and were greeted by a chorus of dog barks. I was so excited, to be getting a little dog. I sat in the house playing with all the puppies for ages, being sniffed by the daddy to dog to make sure I could take his little girl home, and left with my little baby Gemma. Almost 17 years later she's still with us and that was definitely my best birthday present ever.
7. Where are you from?
Durham, North East England. A beautiful little historic city just 30 mins from Newcastle upon Tyne.
8. What's your favourite hair styling product?
I don't use a lot of product in my hair, but what I do use daily is Tresemme Firm Hold hair spray. I don't use a lot of it, but what I do use does last the majority of the day. It's great if I just want to have my hair loose but give it a bit of hold, or if I'm doing something a bit more fancy, and ideal for holding loose hairs in place when my hair is tied up.
9. What do you hope to be doing in 5 years?
I'm training to be an accountant, so in 5 years time I'll hopefully be fully qualified and working my way up the career ladder. Hopefully I'll still be blogging too.
10. Who is your ultimate fashion inspiration?
So I don't really have an ultimate fashion inspiration. I tend to go for more comfortable clothes that I feel happy in, rather than looking towards people for ideas. I like a more sort of preppy style of clothing, but there's not one person I look to.
11. What is your favourite beauty product?
I love Brow zings by Benefit. I was a bit skeptical at first that the product would make that much of a difference so before I bought it I got one of the Benebabes in Boots to try it on me. I couldn't believe how different it made my face look. The ability to get my eyebrows more definition and shaping really did make my face look different. I have really fair eyebrows so even the light colour powder does make my eyebrows darker than normal, but I'm now so used to wearing them I think I look really weird without my brow zings on. They seem pricey at £24.50 for a really small box, but I'm not even half way through my first box and I've had it about 6 months.
Thanks Molly for your nomination, here's mine, have fun guys!
Gaby Bone
Roxisays
mysteriousneonlights
makeupmanhattanandmarc
laurapiekarski
littlediaryof
secret-alphabet
serenbird
michellesspacetospeak
curiousgeorgiaaa
Malibumarissax
And your questions are:
1. What is your favourite song?
2. What have you learnt from blogging?
3. If you were given 3 wishes, what would they be?
4. Best memory?
5. What were you doing 1 year ago today?
6. Where do you want to be in 1 years time?
7. Did you make a new year resolution for 2014? Have you kept it?
8. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
9. Favourite clothing brand?
10. Favourite make up brand?
11. Where did your blog name come from?
Enjoy!
Sarah x

Thank you for the nomination ♥
ReplyDeletehttp://serenbird.blogspot.com/
Thank you for the nomination! Been very busy lately but I shall upload my answers very soon!!! xxxx http://littlediaryof.blogspot.co.uk
ReplyDelete