100 Happy Days...Day 54

Saturday, 19 April 2014

Day 54 - Farm Shop Visits

The best thing about living in the country side is the availability of freshly produced meat and veg. I'm lucky to have a farm shop, supplied by a local farm, only a 5 minute drive from my house. The place has a huge selection of meats to buy, some just as your basic cuts (steaks, chops, chicken breasts etc) but they also go that little bit further and make spicy meatballs for you to buy, stir-frys, lasagnes, chicken paprikas, all sorts. I love going just to find something new to bring home and try. It's going to be one of the things I really miss when I move to my flat as it's not going to be somewhere I can pop to on my way home....I suppose it just means I have to come visit my parents a bit more often and get stock up on meat on the way. Today's purchase consisted of some hot and spicy chicken kebabs, ideal for barbecues, but we'll be cooking on the grill tomorrow night. Can't wait to give them a go.

No comments

Post a Comment