I wasn't even particularly looking for new recipes to try when I came across this one, but when I saw it I had to try it!
I've only recently discovered butternut squash, and was looking for a chance to try it in something other than just roasted in the oven (even though that's really nice). This curry has a bit of spice to it, and is extremely filling, but it smells amazing while it's cooking and tastes lovely.
It's not something I'd make on a regular basis, but for something a bit different once in a while it's great!
Credit goes to 30 Day Fitness Challenge for this recipe.
Ingredients
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Onion
4 tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
500g Butternut Squash
200ml Coconut Milk
200ml Vegetable Stock
1 Can Pineapple Chunks
Bunch Coriander Leave, Chopped
240g Basmati Rice
The 30 Day Fitness Challenge recipe also includes green beans, but I'm not a fan of them so I didn't include them.
Recipe serves 4 and will be approximately 500 calories per portion.
Instructions
1. Cut the squash into chunks
2. Pre-make your stock
3. Put a pan of water on to boil for the rice
3. Heat the oil in a pan, and fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft.
4. Stir in the red curry paste, add the squash, coconut milk and stock
5. Simmer the curry for 15-20 mins. It'll smell amazing while it's simmering away.
6. Once the pan has boiled, at the rice and cook for 12 mins
6. Add the pineapple and coriander, cooking for a few mins just to heat the pineapple through
7. Serve the curry and rice and sprinkle with coriander leaves
Lessons I learnt making this recipe:
Butternut squash is a pain to cut, peel and slice! Be careful when doing so.
I don't own a can opener, but it is possible to use a knife as a can opener!...although to make life easier I should just go and buy one.
If you're going to be adventurous with your cooking, possibly best not to do it on a work night if you're planning on going to the gym also. Sitting down at 9:30pm to eat isn't ideal.
Sarah x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments
Post a Comment