Happy 1st Birthday!

Monday, 23 February 2015

I can't believe my blog is 1 year old today! What a year it's been. A lot has happened, and a lot has changed in the past 12 months, but I'm proud to say that me and my blog are still together.

When I started my blog, I had no idea of what I wanted my blog to be like when it turned one year old...being honest I didn't think I'd still be here one year on. I've tried blogging in the past and never stuck it out for more than a month or two, so being a year old is a big achievement.

I wanted somewhere to just write down my thoughts and experiences so that someone out there in the world might stumble across them and learn from them. Whether that has happened or not, I don't know, but it has given me a different way to express myself and helped a few people keep up to date on what's happening in my life.

Blogging has helped me learn a lot about myself, but one thing in particularly. I've always known that I'm very self-conscious, and try my hardest not to upset people with the things I do, but I didn't how much I thought about this until I tried to write something I knew the whole world could see. I spent way too much time thinking about what the person reading it might think...I'm even doing it now...this is the third draft of this post you're now reading. This time next year, I don't want to be thinking the same.

For 2015, my blog development plan is to:
  • Move to my own blog domain
  • Keep up with regular posts - 1 a week ideally
  • Remember to take more pictures when I'm out and about
  • Stop overthinking what I'm writing
Here's to still being here this time next year!

Sarah x

No comments

Post a Comment