On today's visit to Asda I stumbled across their new Good and Counted range in the fridge section. These caught my eye as they offered something a little bit different to the others around them. I decided to treat myself to the Chicken Nacho Bake with Potato Wedges meal, at the trial price of £2 (£2.68 from the end of the month).

The product claims to be very high in protein, and with less than 3% fat. I'm not an expert on how these macros are calculated, so I can't really comment if that's true or not, but when I put it into My Fitness Pal they flagged it as being high in protein. For someone who struggles to get anywhere near my daily protein target, this meal was a big help. 35g is a lot to get from one meal.
The picture on the front of the packaging makes this meal look really nice, there's large chunks of chicken, with a few wedges, covered in tomato sauce with crispy tortilla's on top. When I cooked it, it looked nothing like that. Yes there were large chunks of chicken and some big wedges, but there were no tortillas and way too much sauce.
The sauce however was tasty, a little bit spicy, but not overwhelming. The potatoes were a bit hard...maybe this was me not cooking it for long enough. The chicken wasn't the best though, it tasted very cheap. But I have had worse tasting meat in ready meals before.
Rating: 6/10 - For a meal thats easy to make, and with good macros this is great, but you do compromise a bit on taste. I've still had worse though.
Sarah x
No comments
Post a Comment