This week has been a pretty good week! The dramas at work have quietened down meaning I've been able to concentrate more on my challenge. I've continued with my running on a morning which is really making me feel good about myself. I can see my body changing (finding it very hard to keep off the scales to see if my numbers are dropping), and I feel much more awake and happier when I get to work. It's definitely helping.
I went back to my dance group this week. I was a bit tired when I got there and my mind wasn't quite as switched on as I thought it would be so I struggled to pick up the routine. I knew I wasn't top notch at it, but when I got a copy of the recording I realised how far behind everyone else I was. It was pretty embarrassing! I stood out so much and looked like such an idiot. But instead of dwelling on it, I accepted it and made the effort to move past it. I've spent the past week re-learning the choreography from the video so that tomorrow at rehearsal I can give it a better go.
I'm not the best performer, but I enjoy it, and I'm willing to work to improve. Not going to worry about one bad rehearsal any more or let it put me off.
The point at which I really noticed my confidence improving was on Thursday. I was invited to attend a Colour Me Beautiful event being run by Ernst & Young Women's Network with one of my work colleagues. The event was well attended and EY had provided us with food and drinks for throughout the night.
Our colour consultant talked us through the different colours, she asked for anyone who thought they were in the Light category to step up to the front. I was one of about five that did. She took a look at all of us, asked a couple of questions and decided I was the perfect example of a Light and volunteered me for her demonstration.
I hate being focus of attention in front of a room full of people. I normally start to fidget, my cheeks start to flush, and I get quite panicky. This night I didn't. I could feel myself fidgeting at the beginning, but I had a mental word with myself, stood up straight and just embraced it.
I didn't blush. I didn't panic. I didn't shake. I didn't fidget. I actually enjoyed it.
As her first volunteer of the night I got quite a good consultation for free. She told me I was a Light Cool, and that I'd suit very subtle colours, and blue based colours (rather than yellow based ones). The only thing I shouldn't be wearing is black. (I was wearing a black cardigan at the time).
Although she didn't really tell me much that I didn't already know, it gave me a bit of confidence in picking out outfits to wear.
When I started this challenge, I wasn't quite sure what the outcome would be. I thought I might find some good advice and make some small changes in my life, but I never thought that after 3 weeks I would feel as different as I do. Maybe setting your mind to something does make a difference.
Sarah x
Self Confidence & Body Image: Week 3
Monday, 22 June 2015
Labels:
Body Image,
Colour Me Beautiful,
Light Colour,
Self-Confidence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment