Despite this week being another maintaining week, I actually had a great NSV today. Went to get change into my dance stuff for class tonight (which was such a great class) I found that my leggings where extremely comfortable today, my leotard didn't feel like it was confining me in places, and my tshirt hung nicely. I looked in the mirror at one point and thought, wow you have lost weight. The scales just didn't agree however.
Last week I got back to the gym and changed up my routine a little to do some interval training. I've read a lot about interval training in the past, and my boyfriend has tried to convince me to do some before but I've never considered doing it myself. Last week was my first try and I loved it. The time passed a lot quickly because I was only ever focusing on doing something for 2 minutes maximum.
I alternated between a leisurely walk to get my heart rate normal again, 1 minute sprints or 1 minute walking on a really high incline. I don't tend to do much incline work so I really struggled with this, I could feel my knee pulling slightly, but the whole workout was so much harder and more enjoyable than what I had been doing. I was still feeling the after-workout feeling when I got to bed that night too much was a great feeling. My best advice though if you're doing this on a treadmill is to not turn the speed up too high on your sprints, there's a chance you may fall off (I nearly did!).
I took a week out of logging my food last week as it was becoming more of a chore than something I enjoyed, I'm going to start back today and get back into the habit. I didn't go crazy on what I ate on my week off, I was pretty good, I just didn't want to write it down.
I've also started using an app called Water Balance which works out how much water you should drink on a daily basis and lets you log it. I used to think I was pretty good at meeting my limit but since I've started logging I've realised I'm not. According to the app I should be drinking 2.4litres a day...I'm lucky if I get half of that. I definitely need to cut back on the Diet Coke and Milk (I love milk so this will be hard) and get more water in my diet.
So, although the scale didn't show a loss I think this week's been pretty good. Here's to another good one.
100 Happy Days...Day 94
Presents from my Mum. My favourite moisturiser ran out the other week and when I went to get a replacement I was told that No7 had discontinued it. I was absolutely gutted and until I find something I really like I've been borrowing my Mum's. But to my amazement, she came home from work today with a bottle from the Boots near where she works. They didn't know anything about the product being discontinued and had some left in stock. So happy and can't wait to put this on in the morning. Thank you Mum!
Weigh In - 9th June & 100 Happy Days...Day 94
Monday, 9 June 2014
Labels:
100 Happy Days,
Boots,
Clothes,
Dance,
Gym,
Happy,
Interval Training,
No7,
NSV,
Weight Loss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment