If U Care Share Foundation is a charity in my local area which aims to provide support around the prevention of suicide, to deliver services to those affected but it, and promote a positive mental health attitude to our local community. Set up by two parents who lost their son through suicide, the charity have grown and now provide prevention, intervention and support services.
I'm lucky to have never suffered from a mental health problem, so have never used the If U Care Share services personally, but I have a close friend who has. She moved away to university in 2012 and soon returned home after suffering from depression and anxiety. For a while she's struggled to fight her problems, but with the help of If U Care Share she's managed to suppress some of her problems, raise awareness of mental health and is going back to university in September.
The foundation relies on fundraising and donations to provide it's services to the local community. It's currently in the final of the National Lottery Awards and needs as many votes as it can get to win the award. Winning would provide more awareness for the charity and would result in a cash prize which would help the charity grow further and save even more lives.
I know a lot of people in the blogger world have struggled with mental health problems, and if you haven't personally you probably know someone who has. It'd be great if you could take two seconds to vote for If U Care Share and help them raise more awareness for their great work. I'd be very grateful if you could, and I know they would too.
The link to vote is http://www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/project/if-u-care-share-foundation
S x
If U Care SHARE
Wednesday, 25 June 2014
Labels:
Charity,
If U Care Share,
Mental Health,
National Lottery Awards,
Vote
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment