Book Review: The McLaughlins Book 1, 2 and 3.

Saturday, 27 September 2014

Good Girl Gone Plaid (Book 1), Kilty Pleasure (Book 2) & Loch and Key (Book 3)
of The McLaughlins

by Shelli Stevens

 

I'll be honest and say, if it wasn't for the fact that Amazon are giving the Kindle version of Good Girl Gone Plaid away for free, I wouldn't have read these books. After finishing my last book, I was looking for something light to read but something that would keep my attention, and this series did just that.

The McLaughlin series is a collection of 4 books based around the 4 siblings in the McLaughlin family; Aleck, Colin, Ian and Kenzie. The stories are all based around the love life of the characters and the troubles they face. So far only 3 books have been released, with the final book in series due out in 3 days time.

Romance books aren't really my thing. I've read a few Nicholas Sparks books, and enjoyed them, but I normally prefer books that take me to completely different worlds. I liked these books for there ease to read and how different the stories were, despite being set on such a small island. There are a lot of sex scenes in these books, which can be quite detailed but no where near the extent Fifty Shades went too. My only real complaint is that they weren't slightly longer (I read each one in a couple of hours).

So, if you're looking for something easy and fun to read, give these a go. They're enjoyable romantic books to distract you from normal world for a while. I'm sure the fourth will be just as good as the others when it comes out too.

Sarah x

No comments

Post a Comment